Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Prayer (at the Grammys)


I think this is the first Bocelli song I ever heard. Honestly, I was a fan of Josh Groban before Bocelli and I heard Groban perform it with Charlotte Church at the...2002 Olympics in Salt Lake City I think it was. But then my Dad bought Bocelli's album Sogno and this was one of the tracks. Bocelli and Dion were the original artists; Groban and Church did a cover. Needless to say, I was blown away!
My brother and my friend Rachel sang this at Rachel's sister's wedding a few years ago, complete with Italian lyrics and everything (Rachel's family is VERY Italian). They were practicing it constantly for months so that eventually even my brother's two little daughters picked it up! So this has become a family standby.

No comments:

Post a Comment